Dear Reader/ Supporter,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know you loved my book, or that you love that I’ve written one! I truly appreciate your kind words and promises for support. While hearing these things make me very happy, there are a few tangible things that you can do to really say “I love you!” or even just “I like you, you’re cool.” I hope you will take the time to follow-up on your appreciation for my work, since I can’t be a successful author without support from people like you. Thank you again for your time!
5 Simple Ways to Support An Author
- Buy A Copy From Me As A Gift For Friends And Family- It truly is a better payout for me as an author, so if you are able please collect your autographed copy of my book from me directly, or at least directly from my publisher
- Write A Review- It does not need to be a very long one, but simply write a few words on what impacted you most about my book. You can then copy and paste your review on other online bookstores. There’s nothing wrong with copying review and using it on other sites, like Amazon, GoodReads, Shelfari, Barnes&Noble.com or CBD.com
- Tell A Friend or Family Member– I know you have a friend/ family member or two that also enjoys reading. Why not suggest my book to that friend or family member? Word-of-mouth is the best way to help support an author! The more times a person hears about or sees a book, the greater the chances that they’ll pick it up and read it.
- Recommend Me At Your Library– Many libraries have online suggestion forms for new books, so fill one out please! If you frequent the library in person, take a moment to talk to them about your recommendation.
- Vote for Me In Free Contests- I am probably paying to enter several book awards where readers are the voters. Please take a moment to click on my post and vote.
And reader, if you have another minute you can also:
- Click the “Like” Button– Please “Like” my author page on Facebook if I have one, and on my book’s Amazon page (it’s near the top of my book page)
- Share my Book- It can be on Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram/ Pinterest, whatever social media you use, with a short note on what you enjoyed about my book
- Click on the “Tags People Associate With This Product” on Amazon– The more tags and the more clicks, the better a book will come up in search results, so please add the ones you feel are relevant
Your Ever-Grateful Author
Rochelle Carter is the CEO/ Publisher at Ellechor Media LLC, a company with three publishing imprints and a bookstore. She is the author of The 7-Step Guide To Authorpreneurship, Write Success: Inspirational Quotes For The Authorpreneur, and Becoming An Author: Your Quick Start Guide to a Successful Book Launch, three books she put together to help educate and motivate authors based on her experiences with publishing and her own authors.